|peripherals device hack system|
A few years ago, a retired officer of the Income Tax Department, during an interview, had some 'naivety' words on cloud computing and mobile security, like cloud computing succeeded only when there are good clouds in the sky. He also commented that in the US, when someone's mobile phone gets spoiled, some people get ready to buy it by paying a fair price. Even if you remove SIM, SD card etc. from your mobile phone, even reset it several times, even then these people are ready to pay a lot for it. The gentleman had argued that the mobile phone's data actually goes to the battery and misuses it by removing the data from the battery that it purchases.
This statement was fun and incredible too. The understanding of retired officer's IT was really very limited, it was clear. But what he said in the form of a battery, he has now turned into an arrow. Some studies in Western countries have alerted that the other devices (peripherals) you connect with your mobile phones, laptops, etc. can be used to steal your data and hijack mobile-laptops . These peripherals may not have batteries, but laptop chargers, mobile chargers, projectors, keyboards, mouse, monitors, graphic cards, network cards, docking stations or so on. This is a scary imagination, because we use daily from pen drive to monitor.
Also check:- 8 Ways to Keep Your Computer Safe From Hackers and Cyber Attacks
|keyboard can also hack the laptop|
Laptops can steal private information from mobile devices such as charger and hard disk
- A team of researchers from University of Cambridge, England and Rice University of the United States, has found that through these devices your laptop or desktop can be hijacked within a few seconds. Hijack means that your confidential files can be transmitted across jumps to seven oceans.
- Thunderbolt port was used in devices that were studied. Thunderbolt, whose latest version is Thunderbolt 3, works just like a USB port, which we have long been using in our computers and other devices. But it is capable of transferring data from much faster speeds than USB3.
- Where data can be transferred at the speed of 5 GB data per second through USB 3 port, while Thunderbolt 3 has a speed of 40 GB per second. Not only this, you can connect a lot of devices to laptops by connecting a docking port with the same Thunderbolt port, such as external hard disk, projector, key board etc. They have the ability to transmit power up to a hundred watts, so they are also used in chargers.
- Their usefulness in fast charging of mobile phones is unambiguous. Thunderbolt was developed by Intel, and Apple adopted its initial version in its MacBook Pro laptop. Now it has become very popular among other mobile and laptop manufacturers too.
- The laptops which were present in the Thunderbold 3 port, all of which were found in hijacking risk, whether they were Macintosh computers, Linux based laptops or Windows based devices. He used a platform called Thunderclap for its investigation which can be connected with any device via USB cable and then it can report inappropriate activities running in them.
- It was found that the laptops, chargers, projectors, etc. connected through Thunderbolt port can be programmed in such a way that they keep doing their job correctly but simultaneously steal information from a laptop or mobile phone. Go. Not only this, they can also penetrate other malware like viruses, spyware, rootkits, and ransomware into your device. Since these devices are very busy in their work, the user of the laptop is not suspected of any wrongdoing.
- The user does not even suspect because who can think that this time the hacker will come in the form of Internet connection or virus-spyware, not as malware, but as a mobile charger! But this unimaginable imagination is a reality. You will ask if the security system present in the computer will not be cautious?
- Basically the graphic card, network card etc. has the ability to directly access the memory, which is called Direct Memory Access (DMA). This means that they can access the computer's RAM to the hard disk. In such circumstances, the user should keep security arrangements (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall etc.) in the computer and keep track of any unusual activity whenever using a new device.
So, here are the for keeping your personal data safe. Keep your online identity safe, secure and safe from hackers by following these steps. If you have any problems or questions related to this article, do not forget to tell by your comment below.if you like the post, subscribe to our newsletter so that you You can find the post directly in your inbox, you can also like our Facebook page and can also ask us your queries there. Thank you.....